2021 11th Annual Operational Excellence in Shipping Forum - Upholding Safety Standards Across the Globe
Free access available for members
UPHOLDING SAFETY STANDARDS ACROSS THE GLOBE
Port State Control (PSC) inspections investigate compliance with international conventions of foreign registered ships in their port jurisdiction. This panel will discuss how PSC apply safety standards in their own inspections, focusing on key areas and practices for each jurisdiction. Furthermore, it will also address how PSC inspection findings impact the commercial rating of vessels and the appeal process. Also, the interrelationship between inspections by PSC, flags and classification societies.
Moderator: Mr. Theo Baltatzis, General Manager – Technomar Shipping, Inc.
- Mick Kinley, CEO – Australian Maritime Authority (AMSA)
- CAPT Wayne R. Arguin, Jr., Director Inspections & Compliance – US Coast Guard
- Cheah Aun Aun, Director (Shipping) / Director of Marine – Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA)
- Michalis Pantazopoulos, Managing Director – LISCR (Hellas) S.A. - The Liberian Registry
- Mr. Brian Poskaitis, Senior Vice President, Fleet Operations – IRI/The Marshall Islands Registry