Capital Link Decarbonization in Shipping Forum 2021 - The Transition to Decarbonization - The Cost
Free access available for members
THE TRANSITION TO DECARBONIZATION – HOW TO FOOT THE BILL & WHO WILL SHARE INTO THE COST?
Going green has a significant cost. This panel will discuss alternative proposals on how to come up with funding for decarbonization, including the $5 billion IMO Maritime Research Fund (IMRF), the European Union Emissions Trading System (EU ETS) and more. Also, how the various stakeholders involved (governments, fuel producers, charterers and shipowners) should share into the cost.
Mr. George Paleokrassas, Partner - Watson Farley & Williams
- Mr. Peter Lye, Global Head of Shipping - Anglo American
- Mr. Theodore Jadick, Jr., Managing Director, CEO and President - DNB Markets
- Mrs. Clara de la Torre, Deputy Director-General - Directorate General for Climate Action - European Commission
- Mr. Simon Bennett, Deputy Secretary General - International Chamber of Shipping
- Mr. Julian Proctor, CEO - Purus Marine
- Mr. Stamatis Tsantanis, Chairman and CEO - Seanergy Maritime Holdings Corp
- Mr. Rasmus Bach Nielsen, Global Head of Fuel Decarbonization - Trafigura