2020 International Shipping Forum - China - Chinese Shipyards & International Shipowners
Free access available for members
CHINESE SHIPYARDS & INTERNATIONAL SHIPOWNERS
"ADDRESSING THE NEW LANDSCAPE IN REGULATIONS & TECHNOLOGY".
Chinese shipyards have been a major destination of choice for international shipping companies. The discussion will focus on the challenges faced by shipowners and the shipbuilding industry, the challenges of the pandemic, new fuel, ship design and engine requirements as the result of environmental regulations and market/charterer expectations. It will also address the experience and expectations of international owners who use Chinese shipyards for new buildings, repairs and scrubber installations. And will focus on the competitive positioning of Chinese shipyards in the global shipbuilding industry.
Moderator: Mr. Lianjun Li, Partner - ReedSmith Richard Butlers
- Mr. Swem Sun, Director, COSCO SHIPPING HEAVY INDUSTRY CO, LTD
- Mr. Brian Nixon, Managing Director - Lavinia Bulk Shipping / Laskaridis Shipping
- Mr. Theo Baltatzis, Managing Director - Technomar Shipping
- Mr. Demetrios Koukoulas, Managing Director - TMS DRY Ltd.
- Mr. Zhang Tao, Deputy General - Yangtze Shipyard
- Mr. Zhu Guiming, Vice President, Yiu Lian Dockyards (Shekou) Limited