Capital Link Decarbonization in Shipping Forum 2021 - Is LNG an Intermediate or Long-Term Option?
Free access available for members
IS LNG AN INTERMEDIATE OR A LONG-TERM OPTION? What about LPG?
LNG is the cleanest fossil fuel, allowing companies to lower their sulfur emissions and position themselves closer to their overall sustainability goals, while also helping make their fleet more attractive to charterers and achieve competitive time charters. What are the commercial benefits and challenges of choosing LNG as a fuel, and how can LNG help a company align more effectively with its commercial objectives and sustainability strategy? Is LNG an intermediate solution, or can it continue to be used in the future? This is an especially relevant topic for companies which place newbuilding orders for assets that have a long economic life.
Mr. Spyridon Zolotas, Marine Southern Europe & Africa Area, Senior Director - RINA
- Mr. Peter Liew, Global Director, Business Development & Joint Venture Management - AET
- Mr. Farid Trad, Vice President Bunkering & Energy Transition - CMA CGM
- Ms. Lois Zabrocky, Chief Executive Officer - International Seaways
- Mr. Svein Steimler, President & CEO - NYK Group Europe Ltd.
- Mr. Tahir Faruqui, Manager of Downstream LNG - Shell
- Mr. Mathias Jansson, Director, Fuel Gas Supply Systems - Wärtsilä