2020 New York Maritime Forum - ALTERNATIVE FINANCE & PRIVATE EQUITY
Free access available for members
ALTERNATIVE FINANCE & PRIVATE EQUITY
Shipping remains a capital-intensive industry. The changing landscape of finance is enriched with several new platforms which are ready to provide debt financing to the shipping industry. Alternative Finance is becoming a bigger source of capital to the industry next to traditional banks, leasing houses and fixed income capital markets instruments. Furthermore, it is open not just to bigger companies but also to smaller and mid-sized owners, who represent a big portion of the industry. The panel will also discuss the involvement of private equity with shipping.
Mr. Joshua Apfelroth, Partner – Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft
- Mr. Richard Jansen, Managing Director – Braemar Naves
- Mr. Nicolas Duran, Director - Partner – Fearnley Securities
- Mr. Andrian Dacy, CEO & CIO, Global Head Transportation Group – J.P. Morgan Asset Management
- Mr. Michael Kirk, Co-Founder and Managing Director – RMK Maritime
- Mr. Paulo Almeida, Portfolio Manager – Tufton Oceanic Ltd.