China and the Evolving Landscape of the Global Shipping Industry?
Free access available for members
- Mr. Vincent Xu, Partner at Stephenson Harwood
- Ms. Evangeline Quek, Partner at Stephenson Harwood
Bill Guo, Executive Director at ICBC Leasing
Lou Jiwei, Deputy General Manager at Nangtong CIMC Sinopacific Offshore & Engineering Co., Ltd.
Gary Chen, Director (China) at North of England P&I
Chinese yards are building increasingly sophisticated ships and some of the world’s biggest container and bulk fleets are Chinese-owned.
The discussion covered the following points:
- A reflection on how the Chinese shipping industry has developed and grown over the past decade.
- The advances made in shipbuilding by the Chinese yard’s in the types of ships that now can be built in China – from bulk carriers to cruise ships.
- The role of China and Chinese owners in the global shipping market.
- How ICBC Leasing has become the biggest ship financier in the world.
- China’s role and views on the future of ships, specifically autonomous ships.
- The importance of supporting the environmental goals of the International Maritime Organisation.
For podcast sponsorship opportunities, please contact Anny Zhu at email@example.com
Capital Link is a New York based Advisory and Investor Relations firm with strategic focus on the maritime sector. Capital Link is compensated for providing Investor Relations and Media services to several listed companies, including the company featured in this video. The interviews are for informational and educational purposes and should not be relied upon. They do not constitute an offer to buy or sell securities or investment advice or advice of any kind. The views expressed are not those of Capital Link which bears no responsibility for them. For additional information please visit: www.capitallink.com