2020 14th International Shipping Forum
DAY 1 – MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2020
ALTERNATIVE FINANCE – IS IT BECOMING MAINSTREAM FINANCE FOR SHIPPING?
There has been an increasing number of new market entrants with different funding sources (from institutional to individual investors) and credit strategies providing a wide range of financing alternatives to large, medium sized and small owners. FinTech platforms enhance the ability of investors and borrowers to connect. Alternative Finance seems quite available – what are the pros and cons for shipowners?
Moderator: Ms. Amanda Brown, Counsel - Reed Smith
- Robbert Jan Sougé, Managing Director - Direct Ship Finance
- Nicolas Duran, Director - Partner - Fearnley Securities AS
- Ole Hjertaker, CEO - SFL Corporation Ltd. (SFL)
- Hans Oust Heiberg, Partner - Sole Shipping SO Adviser Ltd
- Mr. George Cambanis, Managing Director - YieldStreet Marine Finance